Braces For Kids
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that the initial orthodontic evaluation should occur at the first sign of orthodontic problems or no later than age 7. At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but early examination can anticipate the most advantageous time to begin treatment.
At age 7, many kids are starting to get their adult molars and establishing their back bite. Early examination can determine the best course of action going forward so that more serious problems can be avoided. Regular visits to the orthodontist can result in:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for un-erupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing treatment time with braces
Most kids will not get braces at an early age but regular visits to the orthodontist can prevent future problems as well as determine when it will be the best time to start an orthodontic treatment. Schedule your initial no-obligation consultation today.